June 27, 2012
- The Mount Si Helping Hand Food Bank is looking for volunteers to help unload food at noon Mondays, sort food at 9 a.m. Tuesdays or pass out food on Wednesdays. Call 888-0096. The week of the Fourth of July, the food bank will distribute food to clients 9:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. on Tuesday July 3.
- The Boeing Classic golf tournament seeks volunteers for its 2012 edition. Tournament will occur Aug. 20-26 at TPC Snoqualmie Ridge. Volunteers will receive two golf shirts, a jacket, headwear, admission passes, meal vouchers and more. Further details are at www.boeingclassic.com.
- Encompass is seeking volunteers to help with landscape and maintenance at the downtown North Bend and Boalch Avenue locations along with office help. This can be a weekly or monthly commitment. Email email@example.com or call 888-2777.
- The Snoqualmie Sister Cities Association invites community members to join a newly formed group to support Snoqualmie’s new sister city, Chaclacayo, Peru. The association has developed a close relationship with sister city Gangjin, South Korea, which more than 30 residents have visited in the past four years. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-1813.
- The Elk Management Group invites the community to participate in elk collaring, telemetry and habitat improvement projects in the Upper Snoqualmie Valley. Project orientation meetings are at 6 p.m. the third Monday of the month at the U.S. Forest Service Conference Room, behind the Forest Service office, 130 Thrasher Ave. Email email@example.com.
- Snoqualmie Valley Hospital is accepting applications for ages 16 or older to volunteer in various departments of the hospital. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an interview.
- The Senior Services Transportation Program needs volunteers to drive seniors around North Bend and Snoqualmie. Car required. Mileage reimbursement and supplemental liability insurance are offered. Call 206-748-7588 or 800-282-5815 toll free, or email email@example.com. Apply at www.seniorservices.org.
- The Mount Si Senior Center needs volunteers for sorting and sales in the thrift store, reception and class instruction. The center is at 411 Main Ave. S., North Bend. Call 888-3434.
- Hopelink in Snoqualmie Valley seeks volunteers for a variety of tasks. Volunteers must be at least 16. Go to www.hopelink.org/takeaction/volunteer.com or call 869-6000.
- AdoptAPark is a program for Snoqualmie residents to improve public parks and trails. An application and one-year commitment are required. Call 831-5784.
- Study Zone tutors are needed for all grade levels to give students the homework help they need. Two-hour weekly commitment or substitutes wanted. Study Zone is a free service of the King County Library System. Call 369-3312.
- Track Club for athletes ages 5-14. Children participate in 25-, 50-, 100-, and 200-meter dashes; 400- and 800-meter runs; long jump; turbo javelin; and softball throw from 5:30-7 p.m. daily through July 11 at Mount Si High School, $55 fee. Learn more at www.siview- park.org.
- Snoqualmie Fraternal Order of Eagles Women’s Auxiliary, first and third Tuesday, 7 p.m. Men’s Aerie, first and third Wednesday, 7 p.m., both at 108 Railroad Ave., 888-1129
- Cancer survivor group, 9 a.m. second Saturday, Sawdust Coffee, North Bend Factory Stores mall, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Loyal Order of Moose, 108 Sydney Ave., North Bend; men at 6 p.m. first and third Monday; women at 7 p.m. third and fourth Tuesday; 888-0951
- Washington Freemasons, 7:30 p.m. first Wednesday, Unity Lodge No. 198, North Bend, 888-5779
- Mental illness support group, 7-8:30 p.m. Fridays, Snoqualmie Fire Station, 37600 S.E. Snoqualmie Parkway, free for anyone with a mental illness or who has a family member with a mental illness, 829-2417
- Mount Si Artist Guild meeting, 9:15-11 a.m. third Saturday, Mount Si Senior Center, 411 Main Ave. S., North Bend, www.mtsiartistguild.org
- SnoValley Beekeepers, 7 p.m. second Tuesday, Meadowbrook Interpretive Center, Meadowbrook Farm, 1711 Boalch Ave., North Bend, www.snoqualmievalleybee- keepers.org
- Trellis gardening club, 10 a.m. third Saturday, Valley Christian Assembly, 32725 S.E. 42nd St., Fall City, new and experienced gardeners are welcome
- Moms Club of North Bend, 10 a.m. last Monday, Totz, 249 Main Ave. S., Suite E, North Bend, children welcome, www.momsclub.org
- Elk Management Group, 6:30 p.m. second Wednesday, U.S. Forest Service conference room, 130 Thrasher Ave., behind the visitors’ center on North Bend Way; interagency committee meetings, 1:30 p.m. first Monday, North Bend City Hall annex, 126 Fourth St.; both meetings open to the public, www.snoqualmievalleyelk.org
- Survivors of the Snoqualmie Valley School District, third Monday 7 p.m. at Snoqualmie Valley YMCA. Third Tuesday, Si View Community Center. Learn more by calling 292-7191.
- Snoqualmie Valley Rotary Club, 7 a.m. Thursdays, TPC Snoqualmie Ridge Golf Club Restaurant; all are welcome; www.snoqualmievalleyrotary.org
- American Legion Post 79 and the American Legion Auxiliary, 7 p.m. second Thursday, 38625 S.E. River St., Snoqualmie, 888-1206
- Snoqualmie Valley Garden Club, 6:30 p.m. second Thursday, Mount Si Senior Center, North Bend, 888-4646
- Snoqualmie Valley Kiwanis Club, 7 a.m. Thursdays at the Mount Si Golf Course restaurant in Snoqualmie, email@example.com
- Randy Halberstadt Duo, 7 p.m. June 28, Boxley’s. 101 W. North Bend Way, 292-9307
- SnoValley Idol Junior Showcase, 6 p.m. June 28, Si View Park, 400 S.E. Orchard Drive, North Bend. Free.
- Endemic Ensemble, 7 p.m. June 29, Boxley’s
- Jean Mann, Jay Pinto and Friends, songwriters in the round, 8 p.m. June 30, The Black Dog, 8062 Railroad Ave. S.E., Snoqualmie, 831-3647
- Greg Williamson, 7 p.m. June 30, Boxley’s
- Raleigh School, 8 p.m. June 30, Snoqualmie Brewery and Taproom, 8032 Falls Ave. S.E. Snoqualmie
- Rose Laughlin, 6 p.m. July 5, Celtic folk at Si View Park. Free.
- Late Summer Travelers, 8 p.m. July 6, The Black Dog
- Green Valley, 8 p.m. July 7, Snoqualmie Brewery and Taproom
- AGB, 8 p.m. July 7, The Black Dog
- The Po’okela Street Band, 9 p.m. July 7, Finaghty’s Irish Pub 7726 Center Blvd. S.E., Suite 110, 888-8833
Ride The Duck, Mount Si Senior Center invites the community to join in this field trip to Seattle at 8:30 a.m. June 29. Meet for breakfast at 411 Main Ave. S., and then take the shuttle to Seattle at 9 a.m. Learn more, including about rates, by calling 888-3434.
- Encompass Childcare Co-op Ice Cream Social, 6-6:30 p.m. June 29 at the Encompass main campus, 1407 Boalch Ave. N.W., North Bend. Meet Encompass staff members, other co-op families, check out classrooms, ask questions, socialize and eat ice cream.
- Group bike ride around the Snoqualmie Valley, 9 a.m. June 30. Please bring a water bottle, small snack and helmet. Meet at the Snoqualmie Valley YMCA, 35018 S.E. Ridge St. Ride is 25 miles roundtrip; road riding experience is required.
- Super Troopers Relay For Life team fundraising bake sale, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 30, Ace Hardware, 330 Main Ave. S., North Bend. All proceeds will benefit the American Cancer Society.
- Relay For Life golf fundraiser, noon until dark Thursdays and Fridays through July 7, 10 a.m. until dark, Saturdays and Sundays, at Little Si Links, Mount Si Golf Course, 9010 Boalch Ave. S.E., Snoqualmie
- The Snoqualmie Valley Museum presents: “Beyond Smokey: The USFS In The Snoqualmie Valley,” 1-5 p.m. Saturdays through Tuesdays, 320 Bendigo Blvd. S., North Bend.
- North Bend Farmers Market, 4-8 p.m. Thursdays through Sept. 13 at Si View Park, 400 S.E. Orchard Drive, North Bend.
Submit an item for the community calendar by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.snovalleystar.com.