Valley students graduate from nation’s colleges
June 27, 2012
Several colleges and universities count Valley students among their top scholars and alumni.
- Jordan Green, of Snoqualmie, graduated with a degree in English from Spokane’s Gonzaga University.
- Nicole Soroka and Tana Thompson, of North Bend, graduated with degrees in business administration from Gonzaga. Trevor Gardunia, of Snoqualmie, graduated with a degree in biology from Gonzaga.
- North Bend’s Caleb Williams graduated with a degree in speech communication from Spokane’s Whitworth University.
- Kari L. Scott, of North Bend, graduated magna cum laude with a degree in environmental science from Oregon State University.
- Stacey Austin, of North Bend, graduated with a degree in career technology education and training from the University of Wisconsin-Stout.
- North Bend’s Danielle Massengill earned a spot on the spring dean’s list at Pennsylvania’s Thiel College.
- Rachel Swamy, of North Bend, was named to the spring dean’s list at Nebraska’s Chadron State College.
- North Bend’s Kyle Florence and Tucker Kirschner, along with Snoqualmie’s Patricia Prewitt, made the spring honor roll at Montana State University.
- North Bend’s Kasea Harbachuk, Kristen Walker and Haley Chase earned a spot on the spring president’s list at Gonzaga, reserved for students with grade point averages of 3.7 or higher.
- Soroka and Gardunia earned a spot on Gonzaga’s dean’s list, reserved for students with grade point averages between 3.5 and 3.69. North Bend’s Karly Thompson and Tabitha Rollins also made the dean’s list.
Lastly, the following North Bend students made the honor roll at Washington State University: Daionda Davis, Alec Deichman, Kevin Gavin, Patrick Gavin, William Jensen, Cody Lane, Matthew Olson, Matthew Paauw, Arianne Pulsipher, Krista Reed, Sarah Swamy and Taylor Winslow. From Snoqualmie, Tom Kappenman, Alena Munyayev, Andrew Palmini, Shelby Thomas and Kelsey Wise made the honor roll.
Students at WSU must enroll in a minimum of nine hours in a single term and earn a grade point average of 3.75, or earn a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 based on 15 cumulative hours of work.