July 25, 2012
Credit card fraud
A Florida man is suspected of opening up a credit card account using a North Bend woman’s information. Three pages of purchases were charged to the credit card. She reported the incident July 10.
An Arby’s employee rode her bike to work July 8, and hid it in some bushes near the business because Arby’s does not have a bike rack. She discovered at the end of her shift that someone had stolen her bike.
A woman who works with disabled children reported July 10 that a bag was stolen from her vehicle that included names and personal information about the children, along with $80 cash. She didn’t know if the bag had been taken while her vehicle was parked at home or at Safeway.
Prescription drug theft
A North Bend man reported July 9 that nearly all of his Ambien and Klonopin pills had disappeared from his medicine cabinet, and that he suspected his ex-wife had taken them.
A North Bend man reported July 11 that he and a friend had been arguing recently via cellphone text messages. He told police he was at the outside dining area of North Bend Bar & Grill, and that the friend saw him, parked her car, walked up to him and slapped his face and then drove away. She was warned to stay away from him.
An Oregon driver rear-ended a Washington driver on Snoqualmie Parkway on July 13. A man walking his dog had crossed the roadway.
The Washington driver stopped for the man but the Oregon driver didn’t see the stopped vehicle and rear-ended him. The Oregon driver was cited for driving while his license was suspended for an unpaid ticket.
Lock your doors
- A woman who parked her vehicle in the 8000 block of Meadowbrook Way Southeast told police that during the night July 13 someone opened her unlocked vehicle and stole her wallet and GPS.
- A man who had parked his vehicle in the 9000 block of Ash Avenue Southeast told police that during the night July 13 someone entered his car, opened the glove compartment, left an ashtray on the floor and stole a $20 stick on which he stored music.
Seriously, lock your doors
A woman who lives in the 38000 block of Southeast Roberts Court reported during the night July 17 someone entered her unlocked vehicle and stole her purse with $30 cash, and her GPS.
A man who lives in the 8000 block of Maple Avenue Southeast reported to police that during the night July 15 someone stole a $1,250 generator. The man told police he placed the generator in front of his pickup out of view.
A man who lives in the 7000 block of Southeast Curtis Drive reported July 16 that an unknown subject in Florida used his credit card.
A woman in the 36000 block of Southeast Gravenstein Court reported that a bear growled at her near the retention ponds.
An officer responded to a complaint of juveniles loitering on a sidewalk in the 7000 block of Railroad Avenue Southeast on July 16. The officer had them move along.
On July 17, police responded to an accident on Interstate 90 near exit 22.
A Honda Pilot and UPS semi with a double load ran into the sides of each other, but neither party admitted fault. The Honda driver was cited for driving while her license was suspended.
A woman in the 35000 block of Southeast Swenson Street reported that a teenage boy rang her doorbell, yelled something and then drove off in an older red car.
Fire calls from Eastside Fire & Rescue in North Bend
- Eight fire engines responded to an electrical problem at 2:23 p.m. July 14 in the 100 block of East North Bend Way.
- Seven fire engines responded to an accident with injuries at 3:44 p.m. July 14 in the 15000 block of Highway 18.
- Seven fire engines responded to a vehicle accident with injuries at 4:21 p.m. July 15 in the westbound lanes of Interstate 90.
- Three fire engines responded to a motor vehicle/pedestrian accident at 4:02 p.m. July 17 in the 47000 block of Southeast 162nd Street.
- One fire engine responded to a vehicle accident with injuries at 1:24 p.m. July 18 in the 37000 block of Southeast North Bend Way.