August 8, 2012
- Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Church’s preschool is holding a fundraiser by gathering used ink cartridges. Leave them in the blue-and-yellow containers in the parish hall of the church, 39025 S.E. Alpha St., Snoqualmie.
The church is also collecting items for the Mount Si Food bank’s “Summer Cupboard” program for children. Bring breakfast items like instant oatmeal, healthy cereal, raisins, dried fruit, granola, juice boxes and low-sugar canned fruit. Bring lunch items like peanut butter, jelly, child-friendly soups, meals-in-a-can, macaroni-and-cheese and shelf-stable milk. Bring snacks like healthy snack bars, fruit cups, cheese and crackers, dried fruits and nuts, fruit leather, cereal bars, granola bars and ready-made pudding. Take items to the church on Sunday.
- Snoqualmie Fraternal Order of Eagles Women’s Auxiliary, first and third Tuesday, 7 p.m. Men’s Aerie, first and third Wednesday, 7 p.m., both at 108 Railroad Ave., 888-1129
- Cancer survivor group, 9 a.m. second Saturday, Sawdust Coffee, North Bend Factory Stores mall, 461 South Fork Ave. S.W., Unit K. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Loyal Order of Moose, 108 Sydney Ave., North Bend; men at 6 p.m. first and third Monday; women at 7 p.m. third and fourth Tuesday; 888-0951
- Washington Freemasons, 7:30 p.m. first Wednesday, Unity Lodge No. 198, North Bend, 888-5779
- Mental illness support group, 7-8:30 p.m. Fridays, Snoqualmie Fire Station, 37600 S.E. Snoqualmie Parkway, free for anyone with a mental illness or who has a family member with a mental illness, 829-2417
- Mount Si Artist Guild meeting, 9:15-11 a.m. third Saturday, Mount Si Senior Center, 411 Main Ave. S., North Bend, www.mtsiartistguild.org
- SnoValley Beekeepers, 7 p.m. second Tuesday, Meadowbrook Interpretive Center, Meadowbrook Farm, 1711 Boalch Ave., North Bend, www.snoqualmievalleybee- keepers.org
- Trellis gardening club, 10 a.m. third Saturday, Valley Christian Assembly, 32725 S.E. 42nd St., Fall City, new and experienced gardeners are welcome
- Moms Club of North Bend, 10 a.m. last Monday, Totz, 249 Main Ave. S., Suite E, North Bend, children welcome, www.momsclub.org
- Snoqualmie Valley Chess Club, 7 p.m. Thursdays, North Bend Library, 115 E. Fourth St.
- Survivors of the Snoqualmie Valley School District, third Monday 7 p.m. at Snoqualmie Valley YMCA, 35018 S.E. Ridge St., Snoqualmie. Third Tuesday, Si View Community Center, 400 S.E. Orchard Drive, North Bend, 292-7191
- Snoqualmie Valley Rotary Club, 7 a.m. Thursdays, TPC Snoqualmie Ridge Golf Club Restaurant, 36005 S.E. Ridge St. Snoqualmie; all are welcome; www.snoqualmievalleyrotary.org
- American Legion Post 79 and the American Legion Auxiliary, 7 p.m. second Thursday, 38625 S.E. River St., Snoqualmie, 888-1206
- Snoqualmie Valley Garden Club, 6:30 p.m. second Thursday, Mount Si Senior Center, North Bend, 888-4646
- Snoqualmie Valley Kiwanis Club, 7 a.m. Thursdays at the Mount Si Golf Course restaurant, 9010 Boalch Ave., Snoqualmie, email@example.com
- The Festival at Mt. Si in North Bend is looking for volunteers to help with all aspects of the festival. Volunteers may work behind the scenes prior to the event or in three- to four-hour shifts during the festival, Aug. 10-12. Learn more or get a volunteer application at www.thefestivalatmtsi.org or call 888-1406.
- The Mount Si Helping Hand Food Bank is looking for volunteers to help unload food at noon Mondays, sort food at 9 a.m. Tuesdays or pass out food on Wednesdays. Call 888-0096.
The food bank is also looking for candidates to serve on its board on a three-year commitment. Appointments for interviews will be set up in October. The food bank also seeks a skilled bookkeeper to help as it reorganizes its bookkeeping procedures. Contact Karen Birzell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-7062.
- The Boeing Classic golf tournament seeks volunteers for its 2012 edition. Tournament is Aug. 20-26 at TPC Snoqualmie Ridge. Volunteers receive two golf shirts, a jacket, headwear, admission passes, meal vouchers and more. Learn more at www.boeingclassic.com.
- Festival at Mount Si, starts at 5 p.m. Aug. 10 at Si View Park, 400 Orchard Drive, North Bend
- Railroad Days, Aug. 17-19, Northwest Railway Museum, 38625 S.E. King St., Aug. 17-19
- Boeing Classic, Aug. 20-26, TPC Snoqualmie Ridge, 36005 S.E. Ridge St., Snoqualmie
- U-Pick blueberries at Bybee-Nims Blueberry Farm. 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. through Sept. 16. Call 888-0821 to confirm the farm is open. Farm is at 42930 S.E. 92nd St., North Bend. Blueberries are $1.95 per pound, cash or check only.
- Summer matinees at the North Bend Theatre — “Flubber,” rated PG, (noon Aug. 9), and “Honey, I Shrunk The Kids,” (noon Aug. 21-23), rated PG, free
- The Valley Kids Showcase, 1 p.m. Aug. 12, is looking for performers. Acts could include dance, song, music, drama, juggling, standup comedy, martial arts, gymnastics, magic, hula-hoop, jumping rope or whatever could be entertaining to a crowd of local fans. Register at www.cityofsnoqualmie.org. Call 831-5784.
- Tap Water Tours of the Cedar River Municipal watershed are at 9:45 a.m. most Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays until Aug. 26. Tours, by reservation only, last two and a half hours and cost $10 for adults, $5 for seniors. Children 10 or older accompanied by an adult pay $5 as well. The tour occurs by foot and by bus into the river-fed watershed. See the source of your tap water and hear stories of this unparalleled watershed. Register by calling 206-733-9421 or emailing email@example.com.
- The Snoqualmie Valley Museum presents: “Beyond Smokey: The USFS In The Snoqualmie Valley,” 1-5 p.m. Saturdays through Tuesdays, 320 Bendigo Blvd. S., North Bend
- North Bend Farmers Market, 4-8 p.m. Thursdays through Sept. 13 at Si View Park, 400 S.E. Orchard Drive
- Shawnee Kilgore, 7 p.m. Aug. 9, The Black Dog Café, 8062 Railroad Ave. S.E., Snoqualmie
- Chris Symer and Gregg Belisle-Chi, 7 p.m. Aug. 9, Boxley’s, 101 W. North Bend Way
- Jim Marcotte, 8 p.m. Aug. 10, The Black Dog Café
- Dan Kramlich Heavy Metal Trio, 7 p.m. Aug. 10, Boxley’s
- The Hipsters, 9 p.m. Aug. 10, Finaghty’s Irish Pub, 7726 Center Blvd. S.E., Suite 110
- The DTs, fundraiser for the Mount Si High School Speech and Debate club, 7 p.m. Aug. 11, The Black Dog Café
- Bernie Jacobs Quartet, 7 p.m. Aug. 11, Boxley’s
- Danny Godinez, 8 p.m. Aug. 11, Snoqualmie Brewery and Taproom, 8032 Falls Ave. S.E., Snoqualmie
- Danny Kolke Trio, 6 p.m. Aug. 12, 19, Boxley’s
- Carolyn Graye’s Singing Soiree, 7 p.m. Aug. 13, Boxley’s
- Future Jazz Heads, 7 p.m. Aug. 14, 21, Boxley’s
- Chris Morton, 7 p.m. Aug. 15, 16, Boxley’s
- Mary Miller book signing, 7 p.m. Aug. 16, The Black Dog Café
- John Hansen and Rich Cole, 7 p.m. Aug. 16, Boxley’s
- Chase Rabideau and Breath of Life CD Release Party, 8 p.m. Aug. 17, The Black Dog Café
- The Young Lizards, 7 p.m. Aug. 17, Boxley’s
- Shotgun Kitchen, 8 p.m. Aug. 18, The Black Dog Café
- Larry Murante, 8 p.m. Aug. 18, Snoqualmie Brewery and Taproom
- Jonny Smokes, 10 p.m. Aug. 18, FInaghty’s Irish Pub
- Janette West Group, 7 p.m. Aug. 18, Boxley’s
- Piano x 2 Quartet, 7 p.m. Aug. 22, Boxley’s
- Joe Baque and Steve Luceno, 7 p.m. Aug. 23, Boxley’s
- Johnny Sawyer art showing, with musical guest Minority Child, 7 p.m. Aug. 23, The Black Dog Café
- Bryant Urban’s Blue Oasis, 7 p.m. Aug. 24, Boxley’s
Submit an item for the community calendar by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.snovalleystar.com.