Low-income services available to eligible Snoqualmie customers

November 17, 2012

By Administrator

Winter time in the valley means freezing temperatures and cranking up the heat. Many Snoqualmie residents may struggle during the colder seasons to pay for their various winter utility bills. There are many reduced rate options available to residents who meet low-income requirements, according to a press release from the city.

Water Utilities
Reduced water utility rates are available for Snoqualmie residents who meet low-income eligibility requirements. Forms are available on the city website at www.cityofsnoqualmie.org in “Services & Utilities” and at Snoqualmie City Hall, 38624 SE River St in downtown Snoqualmie or call 888-1555.

Internet Service
Internet service is available for $9.95 per month plus tax through Comcast’s Internet Essentials program. Families who have a child that receives free or reduced price school lunches may be eligible. Low-cost computers and free internet training is also available to qualified customers. More information: www.internetessentials.com or 888-846-8376.

Electricity and Natural Gas
Puget Sound Energy (PSE) offers financial assistance for low-income households through the federal Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and the PSE Home Energy Lifeline Program (HELP). Other available assistance includes The Salvation Army Warm Home Fund and weatherization assistance for income-eligible customers. More information: www.pse.com in “Accounts & Services or 888-225-5773.

Garbage and Recycle
Waste Management offers disabled customer carryout service at no additional cost for those who can provide a doctor’s note or handicap permit as proof. To sign up, call Waste Management customer service at 800-592-9995 or visit www.wmnorthwest.com/snoqualmie.

Pet licensing
Discounted pet licenses are available for pet owners who are 65 or older or who have proof of a disability. In both cases, the pet must have proof of being spayed or neutered. Pet owners who have a service animal are eligible for a free pet license. Pet licensing forms and information are available on the King County website at www.kingcounty.gov/safety and on the city of Snoqualmie website at www.cityofsnoqualmie.org in “Services & Utilities.” Forms are also available at Snoqualmie City Hall, 38624 SE River St. in downtown Snoqualmie or call 206-296-7387.

Bookmark and Share


Got something to say?

Before you comment, please note:

  • These comments are moderated.
  • Comments should be relevant to the topic at hand and contribute to its discussion.
  • Personal attacks and/or excessive profanity will not be tolerated and such comments will not be approved.
  • This is not your personal chat room or forum, so please stay on topic.