February 6, 2013
- The Black Dog presents Neil Simon’s “California Suite” at 8 p.m. Feb. 14-March 2. Dinner is available every night from 6-7:45 p.m. Cost is $15. 8062 Railroad Ave. S.E., Snoqualmie. Get tickets via www.brownpapertickets.com or call 831-DOGS (3647).
- Finaghty’s Irish Pub presents Finapalooza V, with 10 Northwest bands over three days. 9 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Feb. 7-9, 7726 Center Blvd. S.E., Suite 110, 888-8833, $5 tickets for Thursday, $12 for Friday and $18 for Saturday and $25 for a three-day pass
- Pete Petersen Trio with Donny Osborn, 7 p.m. Feb. 8, Boxley’s, 101 W. North Bend Way, 292-9307
- Comedy Night fundraiser for Mount Si Senior Night 2013, 6:30 p.m. Feb. 10, North Bend Theater, featuring comedians Andrew Rivers and Kermet Apio. Tickets are $20 for adults and $10 for high school seniors. For people 17 and older.
- Valley Center Stage presents “Pinocchio: A Participation Play for Young Audiences,” by Kathryn Schultz Miller, 7 p.m. Feb. 8 and 15, 2 p.m. Feb. 9 and 16, a show for children 4 and older. Tickets are $10 for adults, and $7.50 for children. Purchase tickets at www.valleycenterstage.org.
- The Snoqualmie Valley Hospital District will present “Prevention Works: Youth Suicide Prevention and Intervention,” with speaker Karyn Brownson, a King County trainer for the youth suicide prevention program. Open to the public, 1 p.m. Feb. 7, Snoqualmie Fire Station, 37600 S.E. Snoqualmie Parkway. Lunch available for attendees. Register at www.snoqualmiehospital.org.
- “For the Love of Snoqualmie” Week comes to downtown Snoqualmie Feb. 8-14 with a full slate of events, including Valentine’s Day dinners at The Woodman Lodge, The Black Dog and Gianfranco Ristorante. Also, from noon-6 p.m. Feb. 9, shops downtown will host a variety of activities including an Art Walk, children’s activities and specials at many stores. Contact the Snoqualmie Valley Chamber of Commerce at email@example.com or 888-6362.
- Heart-Saver CPR Class, 6 p.m. Feb. 12, Snoqualmie Fire Station, 37600 S.E. Snoqualmie Parkway. Class fee $10 per person. Contact Liz Luizzo at 888-1551 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. to register and pay beforehand.
North Bend Library
Unless otherwise noted, all events occur at 115 E. Fourth St. North Bend, 888-0554.
- Study Zone, 2 p.m. Feb. 10. Drop in for free homework help in all subjects from volunteer tutors. For teens.
- Infant and Family Story Time, 11 a.m., Feb. 11, for newborns to 3-year-olds, with adults, siblings and older children welcome. Songs, rhythm instruments, action rhymes and a tiny tale for the very young.
- Talk Time, 6:30 p.m. Feb. 11. Improve your speaking and listening skills in this English conversation group. Learn more about American culture and meet people from around the world.
- qToddler Story Time, 10 a.m. Feb. 12, for children ages 2-3, with adults and younger children and siblings welcome. Share the world of books with your child and come for stories, songs and surprises.
- Preschool Story Time, 10:45 a.m. Feb. 12, ages 3-6, with adults and siblings welcome.
- SnoValley Writers Work Group, 6 p.m. Feb. 12, join local writers for writing exercises, critique and lessons on voice, plot and point of view. Email email@example.com for assignment prior to coming to class. Adults only please.
- AARP Tax Prep assistance, 10 a.m. Feb. 13. The AARP will have three trained individuals preparing taxes every Wednesday through April 10. Free to everyone regardless of income or age.
Unless otherwise noted, all events occur at 7824 Center Blvd. S.E., Snoqualmie, 888-1223.
- Preschool Story Times, 1:30 p.m. Feb. 11, and 10:45 a.m. Feb. 13, ages 3-6 with adult. Share the world of books with your child and come for songs, stories and surprises.
- Young Toddler Story Times, 10 a.m. p.m. Feb. 13, ages 6 months to 24 months with adults, younger children and siblings welcome. Enjoy bouncy rhymes, familiar songs and stories with your little one.
- Anime and Manga Club, 3 p.m. Feb. 13. Watch anime movies, eat popcorn and practice your manga drawing. All levels welcome.
- Study Zone, 3 p.m. Feb. 13. Drop in during scheduled hours for free homework help in all subjects from volunteer tutors.
Send us your calendar item by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.